Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a relatively new approach towards design, construction and management of the projects’ life cycle and provides a condition in which all project items can perform on an interactive platform. This approach, augments the integrity and synergy rates in various technical, executional and managerial areas of projects and minimizes the risks of problems occurrence during the projects life cycle. Construction regulations (building code) in some developed countries urge the application of BIM for all projects and the approach has been unescapable.
The 1st international Conference on Building Information Modeling (BIM) was held in 1396 (2017) under the slogan “BIM, necessity, Challenges and future horizons” and received a large audience. Specialized panels, keynote speeches by domestic and international professors, reciting the experience of BIM implementation in projects, scientific paper presentations and exhibition on the sideline, were the main objectives of the 1st international BIM conference. Considering the significant role and position of organizing international events on exchanging knowledge and experience among governmental agencies, clients, contractors, consultants, researchers, academic staff and other activists in BIM area, the final declaration of the 1st conference, highly emphasized on the annual convening of the conference and authorized the conference organizers and supporters to orient the 2nd international conference on “Approaches towards the development and implementation of BIM in construction projects”.
2nd conference program
- Keynote speeches by top domestic and international professors
- Educational workshops regarding the BIM concepts and its applications
- Presenting cases in which BIM has been applied in various industries
- Introducing the latest findings in the format of oral and poster presentation
- Running competition among BIM activists and rewarding the winners
- Organizing specialized exhibition on the abilities of BIM solution providers